Job Vacancy (Head of Programs)
The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana), an independent democracy and governance research and advocacy organization is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of HEAD OF PROGRAMS.
CDD-Ghana values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of its staff. Key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence, diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints, and a strong fit with the Center’s mission, goals, and core values.
CDD-Ghana is an equal-opportunity employer.
THE PERSON: Must be energetic, result-oriented and willing to travel within and out of Ghana
• Control and coordination of activities in the Programs Department with respect to project implementation, research direction, dissemination
• Leadership role in the delivery of programs on governance and democratic development and in any of the Center’s core program areas.
• Leadership role in advancing CDD-Ghana objectives and core values
• Reports to the Executive Director
• Relates with other Heads of Departments
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-graduate degree in the social sciences, development, law, and or project management
• Administrative skills in progressively managerial roles
• Proven leadership and decision-making experience
• Project grant management and fund-raising experience will be an advantage
OTHER QUALITIES OR REQUIREMENTS:
• Analytical ability and excellent writing skills
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player
• Advanced computer skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
With HEAD OF PROGRAMS boldly written on the left corner of the envelope OR clearly marked OR noted, interested applicants should please send application letter, current CV with current references, and contact information (Telephone/fax and or email address) to EITHER of the following:
THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
P. O. BOX LG.404
LEGON – ACCRA OR
FAX: 00233 21 763028
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: March 31, 2010